Monday, April 19, 2010

Tea Baggers can't handle the truth, turn on conservative speaker when he asks them to vote for independents not Republicans


Tea-Baggers claim to be about expressing freedom and coming together to protect God-given liberties; except when someone disagrees, then they must be shouted down until silenced. Matt Walsh, a conservative Georgetown, Delaware radio host, was speaking to a group of tea-bagger protesters on April 15 when he encouraged the crowd to vote for independents over Republicans.

The crowd became incredulous, booing and jeering Walsh as he began asking whether free speech really meant something to the tea parties.

"Seriously, what everybody needs to understand here is that, number one, Republicans are not the answer," he'd said. "They are not, period. Do not vote for a Republican. Please, I beg you, do not vote for a Republican. What has a Republican done for you? Everyone says, 'Well, at least they're not as bad as Democrats.' Yes they are! They're all bad!"

He continued: "Vote for an independent and please, God almighty, do not vote for Sarah Palin. Please dear God do not vote for Sarah Palin. She has not shown us anything. I know everyone's very excited about her, she's probably a very nice woman, but she is not the answer."

That was it: the tea-baggers began to heckle the right-wing host in earnest.
"You're going to boo me off?" Walsh asked. "You're going to boo me off because I'm talking about Sarah Palin? Then you're the problem."

"You're a punk!" a man yelled. "I'm a punk? Walsh asked. "Because I'm talking about Sarah Palin?"

"She's more of a man than you are!" another bagger shouted.

"Sir, you need to back off and let me have my time up here, okay?" Walsh fired back. "You're the problem, sir ... I'm not sure why I can't point out the fact that Sarah Palin is a Republican and is part of the system. She couldn't even finish her time as Governor of Alaska! I know that's because she was being attacked but she's gonna be attacked ten-fold when she runs for office. I'm advocating that we put real independents in office."

At that point in the speech, a man placed a sign with the word ‘infiltrator’ scrawled on it," and pointed it directly at Walsh.

"I'm not an infiltrator!" Walsh countered as the rabble erupted into cheers. "I guarantee you, I'm more conservative than you are. I guarantee you, I'm more conservative than everyone in this audience -- tune into my show sometime. Hold on, wait a second, because I'm insulting Sarah Palin that makes me an infiltrator? This is not the Sarah Palin movement, is it?"

The tea-bagger’s jeers grew even louder. "Okay, okay," he said. "So, this is the Sarah Palin movement, then."

The lesson here is that Tea-Baggers can’t handle the truth.

Watch a video of the event here:




No comments:

Post a Comment