Saturday, March 20, 2010

Tea Baggers spit on Democratic member of Congress and call others 'nigger' and 'faggot' at the Capital

As thousands of tea bagging protesters descended on the Capitol to protest the passage of health care reform prior to President Obama's speech to House Democrats, their demeanor quickly devolved into a shocking display of hostility, resulting in abusive heckling and some mild physical abuse of members of Congress as they passed through Longworth House office building.

A staffer for Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) told reporters that Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-Mo.) had been spat on by a protestor. Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.), a hero of the civil rights movement, was called a 'nigger.' And Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) was called a 'faggot', as protesters shouted epithets at him and the others.
Rep. Clyburn said he had not witnessed such treatment since he was leading civil rights protests in South Carolina in the 1960s.
"It was absolutely shocking to me," Clyburn said, in response to a question from the Huffington Post. "Last Monday, this past Monday, I stayed home to meet on the campus of Claflin University where fifty years ago as of last Monday... I led the first demonstrations in South Carolina, the sit-ins... And quite frankly I heard some things today I have not heard since that day. I heard people saying things that I have not heard since March 15, 1960 when I was marching to try and get off the back of the bus."

4 comments:

  1. What do you expect when incompetent fools like Sarah Palin fuels the flames of inbreed hate with Alaskan crude. On the other hand, if the health care reform bill does not mandate the sterilization of these societal freaks, as well as their immediate deportation, then perhaps it should not pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please realize y'all, that this is all the republican't party now has to offer. Hate is great way to rally the godly soldiers to the elitist cross. Absent of meaningful ideas, open communication, cognitive thinking, what else is left except spit and pejoratives. I know, the n word and the f..got word are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    six minutes ago, but this was kind of an informal last minute event, and not that many people could make it because we were out harassing teenage girls who wanted to enter Planned Parenthood, or we were
    knitting new white hoods for the KKK rally in Mobile this week end, or we were out canceling proms because some girl wants to wear a tux. Can you imagine, a tuxedo on a girl? My word, Jesus would never wear a dress, a flowing robe without undies perhaps (kind of like my fraternity toga), but never a dress. Anyway, I promise at the next rally we'll get Rush, or Sean, or Sarah to write something witty not spitty,
    even though the republican't party is nothing but shitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tea Baggers? I thought tea bagging was a sexual act. Why oh why did the republicans have to go and ruin that too! Is there no shame in their so called party of white old men? Now I won't be able to tea bag my partner, because all I'll see is dick (as in cheney), or worse yet sarah pain-in-the-ass-lin. Moreover, the sight of any republican is now a complete turn off.
    Next time, republicans, please don't destroy my sex life by taking a perfectly natural, enjoyable, and beautiful thing like tea bagging, and subvert it. Instead of using a sexual act to delineate yourselves, why not name your so called social movement after a part of the human body. Assholes, because that's what you ALL are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea Baggers? I thought tea bagging was something I did with my partner.
    Oh why oh why did the republicans have to go and ruin that too! I won't even be able to perform, because now all I'll think about is dick (as in cheney), or sarah pain-in-the-ass-lin. Ouch! Here's a thought. Next time a group of fascist right wing nut jobs want put a label on themselves,
    why not call yourselves a name taken from the human body. Assholes fit you guys perfectly, because that's what you are!

    ReplyDelete