Friday, March 26, 2010

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow is demanding an apology from Republican U.S. Sen. Scott Brown for raising money on his false rumor that she will run against him in 2012

MSNBC host Rachel Maddow is demanding an apology from Republican U.S. Sen. Scott Brown for raising campaign money on rumors that she’s planning to run against him in 2012.

Maddow told the Boston Herald yesterday, “Scott Brown made this up in order to make money off my name and likeness and I think he should stop. And I think he should apologize.”

Maddow, who lives in western Massachusetts, called Brown a “creep” in an MSNBC newspaper ad scheduled to run in the Boston Globe  today and blasted him for sending out a nationwide fund-raising letter this week “smearing me to raise money for himself.”

Her full page ad begins: "Hi, I'm Rachel Maddow. I host a TV show on MSNBC. I also live in Western Massachusetts, in the beautiful hilltowns of Hampshire County. I'm not running against Scott Brown, I never said I was running against Scott Brown. The Massachusetts Democratic Party never asked me to run against Scott Brown. It's just not true. Honestly. I swear. No, really."

Maddow wrote that "it's standard now for conservatives to invent scary fake threats to run against," citing death panels and the birther movement. "Senator Scott Brown's only been in DC seven weeks, but he already seems to be fitting right in with how conservatives operate there."
The ad also notes Brown has refused many invitations to appear on Maddow's show.
"My show airs at 9PM Eastern in Massachusetts on MSNBC," she wrote. "So far, Scott Brown refuses to come on. Maybe he'll change his mind, I hope he does.”
The more likely reason Brown started this rumor is to deflect from the fact he could not stop health care reform from becoming law. The Tea Baggers are abandoning on him in droves. He got elected on one issue to stop the reform bill, now many are saying he's in way over his head. Many are looking forward to when MA Congressman Lynch runs in 2012 to bring the Senate seat back into Democratic hands.
See Rachel Maddow’s ad below:
Watch Rachel Maddow deny she’s running and inviting Senator Brown to come on her show:

2 comments:

  1. Clown Boy will be crushed by Rep. Lynch in 2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott Brown the 'Clown' ran on a platform to stop health care reform. As all can see he was hugely effective at that, he's going to get spanked in 2012.

    Sorry tea baggers and wing nuts, you all picked another loser like the other clown in upstate New York who lost to a Democrat after being endorsed by the tea baggers, which was the first time a Dem won that congressional seat since the Civil War.

    ReplyDelete